We run a knowledge management platform called "My Atoms" and would love for you to use it. We also provide "My Atoms" and "Note Anywhere" browser extensions to make it possible on web page to take notes and collect highlights. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your My Atoms account as possible.
Your privacy is critically important to us. We have a few fundamental principles: We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services. We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it. We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted. We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
1. General information
This policy sets out our privacy practices and explains how we handle the information we collect when you visit and use our sites, services, mobile applications, products, and content (“Services”).
2. What we may collect
We collect information about what My Atoms pages you access, information about your mobile device (such as device or browser type), information you send us (such as an email address used to register or communicate with us), and referral information.
When you use our Services, we may collect and store your Internet Protocol address. We may use this information to fight spam and other abuse; to personalize our Services; or to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use our Services.
When you create your My Atoms account, and authenticate via a third-party service like Twitter or Google, we may collect, store, and periodically update the profile information associated with that third-party account.
3. Email from My Atoms
Sometimes we’ll send administrative emails about account or service changes, or new policies. You can’t opt out of them. You can always opt out of non-administrative emails such as review emails.
We won’t email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, send it to us so we can investigate.
4. Disclosure of your information
As a rule, we don’t share your personal information to others. We won’t sell your personal information.
We may share your personal information with third parties in limited circumstances, including: (1) with your consent; (2) to a vendor or partner who meets our data protection standards; or (3) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
If we’re going to share your information in response to legal process, we’ll give you advance notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we’re prohibited from doing so by law or court order. We will object to requests for information about users of our site that we believe to be improper.
5. Modifying your personal information or deleting your account
If you have a My Atoms account, you can access and modify your personal information, or delete your account here. If you delete your account, your account and content may be unrecoverable.
To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
6. Your data protection rights
In accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have a right of access, correction, and removal of your personal data which you may exercise by sending us an email request to [email protected] Your requests will be processed within 30 days. We may require that your request is accompanied by a photocopy of proof of identity or authority.
8. Third party services
My Atoms uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run My Atoms.
- Payment processing. Credit card billing information is getting stored with our credit card payment processor Paddle directly. We do not store your credit card information on our servers. Your credit card information is never transmitted via our website. Privacy policies: Paddle
- Registration and authentication. Users can sign in via a passwordless login system or social networks such as Twitter. That means, no passwords are stored by My Atoms, removing the risk of a password breach or leak. Privacy policies: Twitter
- Usage statistics, tracking & marketing. We use Google Analytics with enabled IP anonymization to discover which parts of our website and software need improvement. We might use Google AdWords or re-marketing from Google, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn to promote our service and our content. Privacy policies: Google
- Board integrations. My Atoms allows users to sync their My Atoms atoms with other applications and services, such as Evernote. With these integrations, we share usernames, notes, and highlights. Privacy policies: Evernote,
We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. You use the Service at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account (like using a strong password).
Questions? Let us know at [email protected].